If you’ve been following the latest news in the world of internet and online security, you must have come across this name or that of one of the many cyber security firms. In recent times, the word ‘cybersecurity’ has seen a hike in its popularity. After all, there is a lot of news about hacking and cyberattacks. This is why everyone is talking about the topic. There are a lot of people who think that the world of the internet can be a more safer place if only more people are aware of it and more people are involved in keeping it safer. But the truth is, the world of the internet is not a safer place. Actually, it’s a lot more dangerous. The more people who are involved in keeping it safer, the more secure it can become. It’s only a matter of people working together to make sure that it stays as safe as possible. The more people who are involved, the more chances there are that more of them will report any suspicious activity. This is why the world has its own set of cyber security firms. These firms offer their own services and products in the world of online security. One of them is Cloudflare.
If you’re not aware of it yet, you might be reading about it at the right time. But regardless of when you’re reading this article, you have to know that
What is Cloudflare?
Cloudflare is a cyber security firm that provides various products and services that aim to optimize your website and make it more secure. Cloudflare is a service that you can use on your website to accelerate your website’s performance, decrease your website’s latency, and increase your website’s security. Cloudflare offers the following services:
- Web acceleration – Cloudflare’s web acceleration service speeds up your site’s page load time and helps to reduce your server’s load. It removes unnecessary network requests from your website and optimizes your website to make sure that your visitors see a fast and responsive site.
- Content delivery network – Cloudflare’s content delivery network helps to serve your site’s content to your visitors from within the United States and around the world. This means that if your visitors are located in Europe, Asia, or Africa, their connection will not be slowed by the distance that it would take to send the content from your site to their computers.
- Advanced DNS – Cloudflare offers DNS services that are designed to protect your visitors from being directed to phishing websites. DNS services are often seen as the ‘backbone’ of the internet.
- DDoS mitigation – Cloudflare’s DDoS mitigation service allows you to protect your site from being targeted by DDoS attacks that use botnets and black hat SEO techniques.
How will Cloudflare help your website?
Cloudflare helps to optimize your website’s performance and security. If you’re not already aware, your website is the most important part of your online business. And, of course, it needs to be protected. Cloudflare’s security services include DDoS mitigation, web acceleration, and secure DNS. These services will help your website to be protected from online threats and cyberattacks.
How to register and activate Cloudflare?
You first need to sign up with Cloudflare and create an account. Once you’re logged in, you will be taken to the page where you have to fill in some mandatory details. These details include your website URL, email address, and a secure password. Once you’re logged in and you have filled in all the required details, you will be able to activate Cloudflare on your website.
Different ways to use Cloudflare
There are a lot of different ways that you can use Cloudflare on your website to make it more secure. Here are some of the most popular uses of Cloudflare:
- Cloudflare’s security tools: The security tools that Cloudflare offers are the most popular ways to use Cloudflare on your website. These tools are designed to make sure that your website is safe from DDoS attacks and phishing attacks.
- Website performance: Cloudflare also offers website performance services such as website acceleration and CDN. With these services, your website will be able to load pages more quickly, which means that visitors will be able to access and view your pages more quickly.
- Website security: Cloudflare is also one of the most popular services for website security. With Cloudflare, you can make sure that all of your site’s pages are protected from hackers and cybercriminals.
- CDN: Another popular way that you can use Cloudflare is by using CDN services. With these services, your site will be able to load pages from multiple locations, which means that if one location is under attack, your page will be able to load from another location to give your visitors a fast and responsive page.
Final Words: Is Cloudflare worth it?
Cloudflare is one of the most popular cyber security firms in the world. It offers the most comprehensive suite of services and products for securing your websites and protecting them from hackers. And, at only $25 per month for 1 million visits, it’s an affordable price too! Cloudflare is worth every cent. With Cloudflare, you’ll be protected from all types of cyberattacks, from DDoS attacks to phishing attacks and malicious SEO techniques. You can protect all of your sites (not just one) and you’ll have the option to have up to 1 million visits per month. You’ll also have the option to host your WordPress installation with Cloudflare. That’s a lot of benefits for a low price. With all of these benefits and advantages, it’s no wonder that Cloudflare is quickly becoming the go-to for cyber security.